District Bond Program
Upgrades throughout the Wayland Union School district were complete in order to enhance learning environments for students, increase instructional space, and maintain current facilities. Work for the 2017 bond program included:
- 12 new tennis courts and additional parking
- Bathroom renovations in three elementary school buildings
- New heating and LED lights in 10 elementary classrooms
- New roads and bus drop off
- Stadium press box remodel
- New roof at Baker Elementary and the high school
- High school media center remodel
Triangle was able to tackle $1 million of renovations to Wayland’s Steeby Elementary, Pine Street Elementary, and Dorr Elementary in the summer of 2018. Work included mechanical and ventilation updates, bathroom renovations, and secure front entrances upgrades. Exceptional planning and attention to detail led to a 100% refund of the contingencies back to the district. These funds allowed the district to pursue further bond construction items that they previously could not afford.
A new 30,000 sq ft, $12 million addition to the district’s middle school was also complete. Work included 10 new classrooms, two science rooms, and two large group instructional areas (STEAM and Orchestra).